At the Danny Peterson Theatre inside the Morrison Center
- Nov 12, 2021 / Friday 7:30 PM / Doors: 7:30 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 13, 2021 / Saturday 7:30 PM / Doors: 7:30 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 14, 2021 / Sunday 2:00 PM / Doors: 2:00 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 17, 2021 / Wednesday 7:30 PM / Doors: 7:30 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 18, 2021 / Thursday 7:30 PM / Doors: 7:30 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 19, 2021 / Friday 7:30 PM / Doors: 7:30 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 20, 2021 / Saturday 7:30 PM / Doors: 7:30 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
- Nov 21, 2021 / Sunday 2:00 PM / Doors: 2:00 PM / Doors: Buy Tickets
Oedipus Tremendous is presented by the Department of Theatre, Film and Creative Writing.
A play by Sophocles, adapted by Gordon Reinhart.
A young man hears a horrible prediction that he will harm his parents, and not wanting to take the risk, he leaves, sacrificing the life he loved. On his journey, filled with grief and rage at being pushed off one road and forced to take another, he…makes a mistake.
Years later, having risen to be king of his adopted home which is now suffering through a plague, he is investigating a murder. He’s told that solving the murder will rid his people of the plague. His hunt for the killer leads him back down his original road, to his birth, his identity, and his original…mistake.
OEDIPUS TREMENDOUS is a modern take on the Sophocles play that had its premiere in 429 BC and was the world’s first detective thriller. A hint: the detective is the prime suspect.
What goes around comes around.
Boise State students with valid ID, staff and faculty and eligible for one free ticket. Free ticket is available at the Morrison Center Box Office in advance only, up to the day prior to the performance. Tickets at the door for Boise State students will be $5.00.
Beginning August 12, 2021, facial coverings must be worn in indoor public spaces owned or controlled by the university as well as in crowded outdoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status.