Become A Volunteer
Interested in becoming a Morrison Center Volunteer?
Please take a few minutes to review the membership requirements.
If you still think being a Morrison Center Volunteer is for you, then complete an application form and pay your dues. Once your application is received you will be invited to attend an orientation session. After completing the orientation you will be ready to volunteer.
Download and print the application form to mail in with your dues.
Complete your application and pay dues online (PayPal and cards accepted).
For more information contact info@Velmasangels.org.
Membership Requirements and Dues
- Members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Dues are $10 per membership year, which runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Dues are to offset volunteer administrative costs.
- There is no minimum number of shows you are required to volunteer.
- We ask that you be willing to work a variety of shows - comedians, lectures, concerts, etc. - not just Broadway in Boise.
- Expect to arrive up to (2) hours before a show's scheduled start time.
- You can select shows you are available using our MCV scheduling website.
- Volunteer assignments are allocated 4-8 weeks in advance.
- Be able to stand for up to two hours with or without breaks.
- Be able to follow and comply with directions.
- Be able to assist with an emergency evacuation of the building.
*A reasonable accommodation may be provided upon board approval.
- Orientations are 90-minutes and held throughout the year.
- New Volunteer orientation is to familiarize you with the Morrison Center, expectations, and emergency procedures.
- Volunteer re-orientation is held every year.
- Orientation and re-orientation are REQUIRED for all volunteers. If not completed, you will NOT be scheduled.
Volunteer Dress Code
- You will need to purchase a jacket or vest - jackets are $104 for men and $108 for women; all vests are $30.
Attire for women:
- Black dress pants or black skirt - knee length or longer. NO jeans or capris
- White blouse/top/shirt with long or short sleeves.
- TOTALLY black shoes with closed toes and back. Black socks.
Attire for men:
- Black dress slacks. NO jeans.
- White shirt with long or short sleeves.
- Black or dark-colored tie.
- TOTALLY black shoes with closed toe and back. Black socks.
- Black masks (with Morrison Center logo or plain) may be required by the Morrison Center. Face shields are not an acceptable option.
- Masks are currently optional for volunteers and patrons. (As of 7/2022)
- Volunteers need to look professional at all times.
- All members receive a parking pass which can ONLY be used when volunteering at a Morrison Center event.
- The Morrison Center Volunteer Lot has a limited number of parking spaces allocated for volunteers only.