Know Before You Go
BEFORE THE SHOW
- WHAT TO WEAR - There is no specific dress code for the Center. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable. As in any public venue, the "no shoes, no shirt, no service" rule applies.
- DIGITAL TICKETS - If you have digital tickets, add them to your Apple or Google wallet to save time and hassle at the theater. For more information: Morrison Center Ticketing Information
- PARKING - Parking is included with your admission to the Morrison Center. Event parking is available in Brady Garage and the West Reserve Lot. Additional parking is available in the Health Sciences Riverside Lot, across Capitol Boulevard.
- DOORS OPEN - The Morrison Center will open its main doors 60 minutes before showtime. For Broadway in Boise performances, doors open 90 minutes before showtime.
- SECURITY - Please arrive early to pass through security checkpoints. Bags and purses larger than 14 "x14" are not permitted. No firearms, knives, or weapons are allowed in the Morrison Center.
- RESTRICTED ENTRY - To maintain a safe and secure environment, pursuant to University Policy, Section XII, the Morrison Center reserves the right to search all bags. The Morrison Center reserves the right to refuse entry to patrons under the influence of or found to have any controlled substance. The Morrison Center facility has been designated as a guns-free environment.
- Recommended Ages - Each event page has the recommended age for the performance. Some performances may include strong language, violence, adult themes, and other material that may not be suitable for individuals under 18. Parents and guardians are urged to exercise caution and discretion in determining whether the content is appropriate for their children. For Broadway shows, it is recommended that children under four do not attend.
AT THE THEATER
- ACCESSIBILITY - Please visit our Accessibility page for more information regarding the services offered. If you need assistance the night of the show, please visit the Morrison Center Box Office or alert an usher.
- CONCESSIONS - Concessions are available at five bars on all three levels of the Morrison Center. Outside food and beverage are not allowed. Food and drink purchased through concessions at the Morrison Center are allowed in the theater. All five bars are cashless transactions only. We accept Apple Pay.
- ELEVATORS - The Morrison Center has two elevators located in the northeast corner of the Main Hall lobby that allows access to the upper levels (Mezzanine) of the Main Hall. Entry 1, 11, & 12 are free of stairs.
- FIRST AID - In an emergency, the Center’s policy is to contact 911. Please immediately notify an usher, house manager, or security team member in case of an emergency. In addition, two Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are located on-site.
- RESTROOMS - Restrooms are located on each level throughout the facility. All restrooms are ADA-accessible. Diaper-changing stations are located in the first-level men’s restroom and the second and third-level women’s restrooms. An all-user private restroom is located on the first level.
SECURITY - All patrons are subject to search. Permitted items.
- Bags. Max Size 14" x 14"
- Wallet or Small Purse
- Empty Water Bottle
- Diaper Bags
Prohibited Items (List not exhaustive). All prohibited items will be denied at entry.
- No Weapons
- No Outside Alcohol
- No Noise Makers
- No Outside Food/Drink
- No Large Bags, Backpacks, Suitcases
- No Long Lens Cameras
- No Coolers
- No Video Cameras or Tripods
- No Laptops/Tablets
- No Drones
DURING THE SHOW
- PHOTOGRAPHY - Due to copyright laws, taking photographs during the show is not permitted in the Main Hall.
- AUDIO / VIDEO RECORDING - Due to copyright laws, recording devices of any kind are not permitted in the Main Hall.
- PHONE CALLS / TEXTING - In the hopes of creating a great theatrical experience for you and your fellow audience members, please refrain from talking and texting during the performance. If you must use your phone, please exit the Main Hall to the Morrison Center lobby.
- LATE SEATING - House chimes ring prior to curtain and the closing of Main Hall doors. Patrons who arrive late are seated at the discretion of management and may be asked to wait at the doors until an appropriate break in the program. Patrons may be seated at the back of the Main Hall until intermission. This policy is subject to change based upon the discretion of the House Manager or the specific requirements of the event.
- RE-ENTRY - Patrons who exit the Main Hall during the performance may be asked to wait at the doors until an appropriate break in the program. Not all performances have intermissions.
AFTER THE SHOW
- LOST & FOUND - Please call (208)-426-1111 to inquire about a lost item or visit the Morrison Center Box Office, open from 10:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday.
- ENJOY THE SHOW? - Come back for another performance, or leave us a review!