THE SOUND OF MUSIC
Danny Peterson Theatre at the Morrison Center
Music by Richard Rodgers
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II
Book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse
The final collaboration between Rodgers & Hammerstein was destined to become the world’s most beloved musical. Featuring a trove of cherished songs, including “Climb Ev’ry Mountain,” “My Favorite Things,” “Do-Re-Mi,” “Sixteen Going on Seventeen,” and the title number, The Sound of Music won the hearts of audiences worldwide, earning five Tony Awards and five Oscars. The inspirational story, based on the memoir of Maria Augusta Trapp, follows an ebullient postulate who serves as governess to the seven children of the imperious Captain von Trapp, bringing music and joy to the household. But as the forces of Nazism take hold of Austria, Maria, and the entire von Trapp family must make a moral decision.
Additional Ticket Information
- Boise State University students and staff with valid Boise State ID are eligible for one complimentary ticket.
- Season Ticket Packages are Available through Account Manager Only.
- Parking is included with ticket purchase.
- A discounted season ticket plan is offered online only via Account Manager.
Audio Description Available
Audio Description will be available for the following performances.
- Friday, April 12th at 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday, April 13th at 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday, April 14th at 2:00 P.M.
*NOTE: If you are interested in receiving Audio Description - select "Audio Description Admission" when purchasing tickets.